GDIT2K1

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

the winning letter...

Here goes the winning letter of 'Valentine's Love Letter contest'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Picture this :: This letter was supposed to be sent from to guy to a girl, whom he was friends with back in school. They were pretty close friends and as the guy claims, he liked her ever since he saw her, but just couldn’t tell her. After 3 years in college, he has gathered enough courage to send her a letter. In the meanwhile, the girl has sent a card and a couple of letters to him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dearest ,
First of all I am really sorry for not talking to you for such a long time and I know that u must be thinking that IIIT has changed me but believe me it has not .. I have been thinking about writing to you for a long time now and today I finally gathered enough time ( and as you read on .. enuf guts ) to write to you ... so howz life at ur end .. I hope you must be doing well at College.. howz every1 at home .. I got your letter and card a long time back and was thinking about writing to you since then..
I know what I am goin to say may sound a bit strange to you..but it is strange to me as well .. I never thought I cud be like this.. I never knew I could miss you so much to say what I am going to say .. but ever since we have separated our ways ( when I came to this college ) the feeling to closeness to you has been more than ever .. when I was with you I never thought what life would be like without you .. but someone has rightly said "feelings grow stronger with distances " .. u know when I got into college I was so happy that I never gave a thought to "us" .. but now things are different ..
my exams are approaching and now every exam brings with it the thoughts and memories of us sitting together and studying .. it's sort of a nostalgic feeling ... but certainly i miss u more than I miss home or anything else .. I may not have been able to convey these things to you and you may have been thinking that I never think about you .. but I do .. and more so with every passing day .. whenever I sit down and think about the moments we have had, the "sweet nothings" and "u first" .. I sometimes get so emotional thinking about it that my friends think that I like you .. but I am not sure what this is .. I certainly haven’t felt like this about anyone else .. ever .. and u were the first girl I ever talked to so intimately .. the times we have spent together are the best memory I've had ..
You know, I have many "friends who are girls" here .. but they are all so different from you .. and yet so similar to you .. I talk to them only because they seem to be so much like you .. each of them seems to have a touch of you .. it's a pity that I can't put them all together to get you but I am sure I wished I could .. I have often thought about you and how much people here are "you" .. but I still miss you .. I wished I could pen my exact emotions but I can't .. that is because even I don't know what I feel about you .. right now all I can say is that I miss you .. I realy really miss you ..
I will really be very happy if u can reply to this letter .. I am eagerly waiting for ur reply .. and one more thing .. If you want to mail me I guess u have my address but u may have deleted it because of my attitude .. well here it is again

Mr. XYZ
Room No. XXX
*** Hostel - IIIT Hyderabad,
Gachibowli,
Hyderabad – 500019

Please reply as soon as possible. Probably your reply can help me figure out what I exactly feel for you.

Your’s
XYZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home